August 5, 2011
Motivation is one of the biggest keys to weight loss today; it can make or break your weight loss goals. Whether you are working in pairs, with a group or alone in order to meet your weight loss goals, sources of motivation in your life need to be strong in order to get you through the tough phases. With the rates of obesity consistently rising throughout the country, you are not the only one trying to lose weight and this in itself should be enough motivation to get you started.
Now, where you do begin? Just as with any plan, setting a goal is always a great place to start. Don’t allow yourself to jump further than you are currently able to. Set a series of small goals so as you accomplish one you can move on to the next. Jumping from point A to point E is just not realistic and can only inhibit your actual weight loss, causing frustration. Write down these goals and follow the next steps in sequence.
- Find support in those around you. Whether others are trying to lose weight with your or not, you should never be alone.
- Consider placing old pictures of yourself around the house of you when you were at your target weight. Place them near the fridge, the TV, the computer and anywhere you spend a lot of time. Motivation!
- Don’t forget to reward yourself! After losing your first 5lbs or even your first pound take yourself out to the theatre or go shopping. Even the smallest progress is progress, don’t overlook it.
- In the same mindset you must do something to punish yourself when you fall of track. This will happen from time to time and when it does consider limiting your TV time or computer time, anything to push your forward towards your goals.
- Track your progress. There is nothing better than to look back in your journal and visually see just how far you have come, even if you can’t quite see it in the mirror yet.
Some of these motivational steps may sound silly now but once you get your diet and exercise plan underway, there is nothing more important than motivation and emotional support from those around you. You can do it, by following the tips above.
© 2011 – 2012, Phentermine 37.5. All rights reserved. Do not copy! On republishing this post you must provide link back to original post.